Makes 4 servings
- 28 jumbo gulf shrimp (about 1 lb.)
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon plus ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 7 slices bacon
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat broiler to high heat.
- Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon olive oil and ½ teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Cut each slice of bacon in half crosswise and then in half lengthwise. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each shrimp. Place shrimp, seam sides down, on a large baking sheet.
- Broil shrimp 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until shrimp turns pink and bacon is crisp.
- Combine spinach, apple, and onion in a large bowl. Combine vinegar, remaining 1 ½ teaspoons honey, the mustard, salt, remaining ⅛ teaspoon pepper and 3 tablespoons olive oil in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Drizzle dressing over spinach mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Serve salad alongside shrimp.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
330 calories; 16 g total fat; 2.5 g saturated fat; 32 g protein;
15 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 480 mg sodium