- 28 extra large gulf shrimp
- 1 1/2 tbsp Honey Divided
- 3 tbsp plua 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp plus 1/8 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 7 slices lower sodium bacon*
- 1 6 oz package fresh baby spinach
- 1 large pink lady apple thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- preheat broiler to high heat.
- Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Cut each slice of bacon in half crosswise and then in half lengthwise. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each shrimp. Place shrimp , seam sides down, on a large baking sheet.
- Broil shrimp2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until shrimp turns pink and bacon is crisp.
- Combine spinach, apple and onion in a large bowl. Combine vinegar, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons honey, the mustard, salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper and 3 tablespoons olive oil in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Drizzle dressing over spinach mixture, tossing gently to coat.
Serve salad alongside shrimp.
Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St Vincent’s Health System
Nutrition per serving: 350 calories; 19 g total fat; 4 g saturated fat; 33 g protein;15 g carbohydrate; 2 f fiber; 460 mg sodium.
*We tested with Hormel Black Label Lower- Sodium bacon. Choose Lower Sodium options for canned and packaged goods and processed meats to keep you r sodium intake below the recommended 2300 mg per day.