- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1 oz package 30 % less sodium taco seasoning
- 2 green or red bell peppers sliced
- 1 medium size red oinion sliced
- 1 tbsp oilve oil
- 1 16 oz refrigerated fresh salsa
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro optional
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Line a Large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rub both sides of chicken breasts with taco seasoning reserving excess seasoning.
- Place in center of baking sheet.
- Toss bell pepper and onion with olive oil and remaining seasoning in a large bowl.
- Spread around chicken on baking sheet.
- Pour salsa over chicken.
- Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
While Chicken and vegetables bake, cook rice according to package directions. Slice Chicken Scoop rice evenly onto each of 4 dinner plates. Top with Chicken, bell peppers and onions, cheese, and cilantro (if Using)
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System Nutrition (Per Serving)] 450 calories: 11 g total fat; 3 g saturated fat; 34 g protein; 48 g carbohydrate; 5 g fiber; 750 mg sodium