Makes 4 servings (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb. jumbo peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green onions
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups cooked instant brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, Cajun seasoning, and garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Add green onions and tomatoes, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in rice. Cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or just until shrimp are done and turn pink, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with parsley, if using.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
340 calories; 7 g total fat; 0.5 g saturated fat; 21 g protein;
50 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 720 mg sodium