Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (12-oz.) package salad greens
- 1 (6-oz.) container fresh blackberries or blueberries
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Place chicken in a zip-top plastic bag, and pound to an even thickness.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Add chicken, and reduce heat to medium. Cook, turning occasionally, about 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Transfer to a cutting board. Let cool, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine oil, orange juice, honey, mustard, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and shake well to combine.
- Place salad in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat. Top with chicken, berries, cheese and almonds. Serve immediately.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
440 calories; 28 g total fat; 6 g saturated fat; 32 g protein;
16 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 560 mg sodium