Makes 4 servings
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 4 (6-oz.) catfish fillets
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium-size yellow squash
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
Note: Omit the cayenne pepper for a more kid-friendly version.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place cornmeal in a shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper and the cayenne pepper. Dredge fish in cornmeal.
- Heat oil in pan. Add fish, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until to desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan; keep warm.
- Add zucchini, squash, and onion to pan; sauté over medium-high heat 4 minutes. Stir in garlic, and sauté 1 minute longer. Stir in remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
310 calories; 14 g total fat; 2.5 g saturated fat; 29 g protein;
16 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 470 mg sodium