Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. ground chuck or ground sirloin
- ¼ cup finely onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning*
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 (5.3-oz.) container nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 (6-inch) pieces pita bread, cut in half
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
*Watching your sodium intake? Use salt-free Greek seasoning and add ¼ teaspoon salt to beef.
- Combine beef, onion, parsley, seasoning and 1 ½ teaspoons garlic in a large bowl. Shape mixture into 4 (½-inch-thick) patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray, and add patties. Cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Stir together yogurt, cheese, and ½ teaspoon minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Fill each pita half evenly with spinach, and add 1 patty. Top evenly with tomato slices and yogurt sauce.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
350 calories; 14 g total fat; 6 g saturated fat; 31 g protein;
22 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 1040 mg sodium