Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into ½-inch-thick half-moons
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 % cups cooked quinoa
- Optional Toppings: homemade or store-bought tzatziki sauce, crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Combine chicken, vegetables, oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Spread in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet (or two).
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Scoop 1/3 cup quinoa into each of four bowls or containers. Top evenly with chicken and vegetable mixture. Add tzatziki sauce or feta cheese, if using.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
320 calories; 11 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat; 30 g protein;
24 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 350 mg sodium