Makes 4 servings
- 4 (6-oz.) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon plus ⅛ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large ripe peaches
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Brush both sides of chops with 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Cut peaches into quarters, removing pits. Toss together peaches, honey, remaining 2 teaspoons oil and remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Grill pork chops about 4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer registers 145°F. Let rest at least 3 minutes. Grill peaches 2 minutes, turning frequently, until browned on all sides.
- Serve pork chops with peaches. Drizzle with vinegar, and garnish with sliced fresh basil (if desired).
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
330 calories; 17 g total fat; 4.5 g saturated fat; 27 g protein;
17 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 290 mg sodium