Makes 8 servings (1 slider)
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 (1-oz.) slices sharp Cheddar cheese, cut into quarters
- 8 whole wheat mini slider buns
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 8 thin Roma tomato slices
- ½ cup prepared guacamole
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Lightly shape beef into eight ½-inch-thick mini patties. Use your thumb to make an indentation in the center of each patty. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Grill patties, covered, 7 to 10 minutes, until a thermometer inserted horizontally into the center of a patty registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Top each patty with two piece of cheese (half a slice for each patty), and remove from grill.
- Top each bottom bun with 1 patty, 1 lettuce leaf and 1 tomato slice. Spread 1 tablespoon guacamole over each bun top; cover sliders with bun tops.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
290 calories; 15 g total fat; 5 g saturated fat; 20 g protein;
23 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 460 mg sodium