Makes 4 servings
- 4 (10-oz) Idaho potatoes, scrubbed
- ½ lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 ½ cups diced smoked ham (about 6 oz.)
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup chopped fresh green onions, divided
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on medium power 20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork, turning after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Cook in boiling water to cover 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain well.
- Split potatoes, and let cool slightly. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1-inch shell, and place potato pulp in a large bowl.
- Add asparagus, ham, sour cream, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup green onions, and the pepper to potato pulp, stirring and mashing until well blended. Fill potato shells evenly with pulp mixture, and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Microwave on high power 2 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with remaining green onions.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
400 calories; 11 g total fat; 6 g saturated fat; 21 g protein;
56 g carbohydrate; 6 g fiber; 890 mg sodium