Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quick grits
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 (5-oz.) boneless center cut pork chops, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 (10-oz.) carton grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Slowly whisk in grits. Reduced heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese and½ teaspoon salt. Remove from heat, and stir in yogurt. Cover and keep warm.
- Combine Italian seasoning, pepper, garlic and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Rub evenly over pork chops.
- Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Heat remaining ½ tablespoon oil in pan. Add tomatoes; saute 3 minutes. Add vinegar, and cook 1 minute or until tomatoes are tender.
- Spoon grits evenly onto each of 4 dinner plates. Place 1 pork chop on top of each serving, and top with tomato mixture.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
540 calories; 27 g total fat; 9 g saturated fat; 38 g protein;
35 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 640 mg sodium