Makes 6 servings (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups cooked and chilled instant brown rice
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Prepare vegetables according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook 3 minutes or until set, stirring gently. Remove from skillet; chop egg.
Add garlic to skillet, and sauté 1 minute or until fragrant. Add rice, and sauté until toasted, about 3 minutes.
Stir in turkey, vegetables, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in scrambled egg. Serve with additional soy sauce, if desired.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving: 3 oz. turkey and 1 cup vegetables]:
370 calories; 11 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat; 21 g protein;
47 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 330 mg sodium