Makes 6 servings (about 2 chicken tenders and 2 tablespoons sauce)
- 1 ½ lb. boneless chicken breast tenders
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Whisk eggs in a shallow dish. Stir together breadcrumbs, parsley and garlic powder in a separate shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in egg, and dredge in breadcrumbs, pressing to coat. Place chicken on a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet. Coat both sides chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is done and browned, turning after 10 minutes.
- While chicken bakes, stir together mustard, mayonnaise, honey and cayenne pepper (if using). Serve dip with chicken.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
230 calories; 4.5 g total fat; 0 g saturated fat; 28 g protein;
16 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 640 mg sodium