Makes 4 servings
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 (4-oz.) boneless center-cut pork chops, trimmed
- 1 ½ teaspoons canola oil
- 2 Gala apples, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
Combine rosemary, garlic, pepper and salt in a small bowl. Rub all over pork chops.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops to pan, and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until done. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
Add apple and onion to pan, and sauté 4 minutes or until tender and golden.
Add chicken broth, and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
Remove pan from heat, and stir in butter.
Serve apple mixture over pork chops.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
380 calories; 23g total fat; 9g saturated fat; 25g protein;
20g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 330 mg sodium