Makes 4 servings
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ⅓ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 (4-oz.) boneless center-cut pork chops
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain. Return potatoes to pan, and add yogurt, orange juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, the cinnamon and ginger; mash to desired consistency with a potato masher. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Rub pork chops with garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon salt and the pepper. Cook pork chops 3 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand for 3 minutes before serving.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
400 calories; 17 g total fat; 5 g saturated fat; 29 g protein;
35 g carbohydrate; 5 g fiber; 440 mg sodium