Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. boneless top sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. Pat steak dry with paper towels, and rub with oil. Rub kosher salt and pepper over steak.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak, and cook 2 minutes. Flip steak, and reduce heat to medium. Cook 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and bake 3 to 5 minutes or until to desired degree of doneness. Transfer steak to a cutting board. Tent with foil, and let rest at least 5 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain.
- While steak rests, return pan to medium-high heat. Add lettuce hearts, cut sides down, and cook 2 minutes or until slightly charred.
- To assemble salads, place one lettuce half on each of 4 plates. Top with tomato and cucumber, and drizzle with dressing. Serve with steak.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
320 calories; 20 g total fat; 3.5 g saturated fat; 27 g protein;
5 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 610 mg sodium