Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. boneless top sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, trimmed and cut in
- half lengthwise
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- ½ cup buttermilk Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Pat steak dry with paper towels, and rub with oil. Rub kosher salt and pepper over steak.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak, and cook 2 minutes. Flip steak, and reduce heat to medium. Cook 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and bake 3 to 5 minutes or until to desired degree of doneness. Transfer steak to a cutting board. Tent with foil, and let rest at least 5 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain.
- While steak rests, return pan to medium-high heat. Add lettuce hearts, cut sides down, and cook 2 minutes or until slightly charred.
- To assemble salads, place one lettuce half on each of 4 plates. Top with tomato and cucumber, and drizzle with dressing. Serve with steak.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
380 calories; 23g total fat; 9g saturated fat; 25g protein;
20g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 330 mg sodium