Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (9-oz.) package garden salad mix
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh mint (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped shelled, lightly salted pistachios
(or toasted chopped walnuts)
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon black pepper and the cayenne pepper. Thread shrimp onto skewers if using a grill.
- Grill shrimp 2 to 3 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Whisk together lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the honey, salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in a large salad bowl. Add lettuce, and toss gently. Add watermelon, feta cheese, onion, and mint (if using), tossing to combine. Divide into 4 servings, and top evenly with shrimp. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon pistachios.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
360 calories; 19 g total fat; 5 g saturated fat; 29 g protein; 21 g carbohydrate;
3 g fiber; 460 mg sodium