Makes 4 servings
- 1 (6-lb.) bone-in Boston butt, trimmed
- 1½ cups barbecue sauce
- ⅔ cup peach preserves
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard
- Place pork roast in a slow cooker. Stir together barbecue sauce, preserves, and mustard; pour over roast in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low power for 8 hours.
- Remove pork to a bowl, and shred with two forks, removing bones. Transfer sauce to a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Toss pork with desired amount of sauce, and serve remaining sauce alongside pork.
Note: Serve shredded pork on whole wheat buns, if desired.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
210 calories; 4.5 g total fat; 1.5 g saturated fat; 15 g protein;
26 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 420 mg sodium