Makes 6 servings (1 mini meatloaf)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅓ cup uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup ketchup, divided
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 lb. ground turkey
Note: Serve these perfectly-portioned mini loaves with a fresh green salad for a light meal. Add mashed potatoes, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat, swirling to coat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer onions to large bowl, and let cool slightly.
- Add oats, 2 tablespoons ketchup, 1 ½ teaspoons mustard, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt, pepper and egg whites to onions, and stir until well blended. Add turkey, and gently mix just until incorporated.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly into 6 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup and 1 ½ teaspoons mustard in a small bowl, and brush evenly over loaves.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of a loaf registers 165˚F.
*Recipe prepared by registered dietitians from St. Vincent’s Health System.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
180 calories; 8 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat; 16 g protein;
9 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 400 mg sodium