Makes 4 servings
- 2 (8-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 medium-size zucchini
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 14 cup dry white wine
- 1 (15-oz.) can no-salt-added cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Place in a large zip top plastic bag. Pound to an even thickness. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 14 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Trim ends from zucchini. Shred with a box grater. Stir together zucchini, Parmesan cheese, and remaining 14 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, swirling to coat. Add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Top chicken evenly with zucchini mixture.
- Transfer skillet to oven, and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is done and a thermometer reads 165° F.
- While chicken bakes, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and Italian seasoning, and sauté 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomatoes, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add wine, and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in beans, remaining 1/4 teaspoon each pepper, and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition [Per Serving]:
310 calories; 11 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat;
33 g protein; 17 g carbohydrate; 5 g fiber; 600 mg sodium